The House, Cafe and Shop are now closed and will re-open on Monday 25th March 2024 (with the exception of special events – please see our events page)
The gardens are now closed and will re-open on the 1st March 2024
5 - 16 year olds
Save money on your visit! Print off this offer to save £1 off each full paying adult on the admission price to the house and gardens (not gardens only).
The Peacock café is housed in a beautiful vaulted building with plenty of space outdoors. Here you will find tempting cakes, lovely lunches and a great selection of teas and coffees. All our food is freshly made and locally sourced with the best Cornish produce. Alongside you will find our natural children’s play area – complete with a one of a kind slate roofed Wendy house!
Please note that there is no charge for visiting the Café only, just let our friendly staff in the shop know on arrival.
In the cobbled car park you’ll find what was once the stables and carriage yard. Our gift shop has a range of local treats from food and drink to artisan soaps, cosmetics and cards. In the plant shop you can peruse at your leisure the selection of herbs, flowers, shrubs and trees.
Fun Fact: We work together with Treseders, a family-run nursery between Bodmin and St Austell where the owner, James Treseder, is a descendant of another James Treseder. Back in the 1820s he served his garden apprenticeship under the great plant hunter William Lobb before founding his own plant import business in Truro. The Treseders and the Molesworths undoubtedly would have done business in the Victorian era, as they are doing now.
We love dogs at Pencarrow! Your furry friend is most welcome to explore our gardens. We just ask that in the area around the outside of the house and the café you keep them on the lead as we have free range chickens and peacocks, but for the rest of the grounds feel free to let them run off some steam. Please do not leave your dog inside the car on warm and sunny days. We are sorry but no dogs inside the house itself (except assistance dogs), they are welcome in the cafe and in the outside seating area. You can also treat your pooch to a doggy ice-cream from our cafe (old sock flavour is very popular!) Water bowls are available outside the gift shop and the café and there is a dog poo bin at the entrance to the car park.
Organising a corporate event? At Pencarrow we can cater for promotional events, conferences, receptions and VIP dinners – whether in our marquee or outside. Simple buffets and light refreshments can be provided in-house. Guided house and garden tours can be incorporated into your event and we are always pleased to adapt to suit clients’ individual requirements. Please give Tracy a call to discuss your event 01208 841 369.
On arrival please call in at the gift shop (situated in the main car park) and let them know of any particular requirements you may have for your visit.
• Parking – we have disabled parking available just outside the house entrance. There are also places to park very close to the café. Please call into the gift shop situated in the main car park and they will direct you.
• The Peacock café, gift and plant shop are fully accessible.
• Toilets – we have a unisex disabled toilet.
• House tours – ramps are available for wheelchairs access into the main house. There are seats in most of the rooms on the tour for those who cannot stand for long periods of time. For those who cannot manage the stairs, we are able to offer access to a film of the upstairs part of the tour, which visitors can watch downstairs.
• Gardens – the paths are hard, gravelly and mostly level but as the gardens are listed and old we ask for your understanding that some of the walkways are uneven. There are gentle slopes on the walk to the American Gardens but wheelchair users with strong arms or motors have said it is worth the effort! We have two ramps onto and off the grass on the East Lawn. There are steps around the garden; but we have a map in the Gift Shop which shows you where these are. The more robust mobility scooters may be able to access the slopes to the lake, however the smaller less sturdy scooters may struggle to cope with the terrain.
• Assistance dogs are welcome, including in the house and Peacock café.
• Wheelchairs – we have two wheelchairs available for use. It is advisable to book these ahead of your visit, please telephone 01208 841 369.
• Sadly we regret due to safety that we can no longer allow mobility scooters inside the house. We do have wheelchairs to use and of course your own wheelchair is allowed.
"I can't rave about this house enough! I hope everyone who visits Cornwall makes time to visit Pencarrow, so that houses like this can stay in the families that work so hard to keep them running."
At Pencarrow we are happy to cater for groups. We have plenty of parking suitable for coaches. Please fill in the form below about your trip and we will contact you as soon as possible:
Please note that group rates are only applicable for groups of 20+